1993 BREEDERS' CUP (Entire Televised Broadcast from SANTA ANITA PARK)
The day of the shocker - you won't want to miss seeing how JERRY BAILEY rode 133-1 long-shot ARCANGUES to the biggest upset in Breeders' Cup history, in the Classic of all places! This is also the day where the great turf star LURE became only the third horse besides MIESQUE and BAYAKOA to successfully defend their Breeders' Cup Championships in their division.
1) SPRINT - Speedy filly MEAFARA just missed wiring the boys in the 1992 Sprint - can she do it this time? Trying to catch her will be defending champ THIRTY SLEWS, CARDMANIA, undefeated GILDED TIME returning from a year layoff, BIRDONTHEWIRE, 1991 Juvenile winner FLY SO FREE, MUSIC MERCI and ALYDEED.
2) JUVENILE FILLIES - Basically a three-horse race - watch top gals PHONE CHATTER, speedball SARDULA and undefeated HEAVENLY PRIZE battle it out!
3) DISTAFF - Classy PASEANA is back to defend her title against tough HOLLYWOOD WILDCAT, RE TOSS, winner of nine-of-eleven races SKY BEAUTY and DISPUTE. Holy cow - the champ and HOLLYWOOD WILDCAT hit the wire together! Which one got her nose across the line first?
4) MILE - Watch the great LURE do what no other Breeders' Cup miler had ever done - win from farther out than the ten-hole! Breaking from the twelve-hole and going five-wide around the first turn, LURE still manages to easily defend his title against such contenders as SKI PARADISE, FOURSTARS ALLSTAR, future Arlington Million winner PARADISE CREEK and 1993 Beverly D. winner FLAWLESSLY!
5) JUVENILE COLTS - Everyone expects tough colt DEHERE to demolish this field, which also features undefeated BROCCO, BLUMIN AFFAIR, TOBASCO CAT and FLYING SENSATION. The field was demolished, all right, but it is BROCCO who does the demolishing, and in record Breeders' Cup time!
6) TURF - FRAISE is back to defend his title against KOTASHAAN, BIEN BIEN, LUAZUR, French filly HATOOF and OPERA HOUSE. Another stretch duel right down to the wire!
7) CLASSIC - This was supposed to be the race to which Californian, speedy BERTRANDO or multimillionaire BEST PAL wins the big one, with Eastern toughies MINERS' MARK, 1993 Belmont winner COLONIAL AFFAIR, KISSIN KRIS and DEVIL HIS DUE there to make things interesting. Instead, out-of-the-clouds, here comes ARCANGUES to pull off the biggest shocker since UPSET created a new term in sports by upsetting the immortal MAN O' WAR!
Highlights include two wins by EDDIE DELAHOUSAYE, gallant MEAFARA just missing a spectacular wire to wire Sprint win for the second straight year, and reports on LAFIT PINCAY, the dangers jockeys face every day in their sport, and the Bald Eagle, CHARLIE WHITTINGHAM, legendary trainer of Kentucky Derby and Breeders' Cup Classic winners FERDINAND and SUNDAY SILENCE.
FOR A DETAILED CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF ALL 7 RACES SHOWN IN THIS FEATURE, INCLUDING THE NAMES OF ALL THE HORSES IN EACH FIELD - JUST REQUEST A COPY AND A COMPILATION SHEET ALONG WITH THE 1,2,3 FINISHERS WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU.
(3 Hours and 15 Minutes)
|Format(s) Available:||DVD And VHS|
|Category:||European Flat Racing|