FOREGO 19-RACE TIME CAPSULE
1) The recently retired FOREGO leading the post parade for the 1978 Marlboro Cup amidst a standing ovation from the crowd - this race was the first meeting between two Triple Crown winners in history...SEATTLE SLEW and AFFIRMED.
2) 1974 Marlboro Cup with ARBEES BOY, PROVE OUT, TRI JET, TRUE KNIGHT and BIG SPRUCE
3) 1975 Marlboro Cup featuring STEP NICELY, AVATAR, ROYAL GLINT, ANCIENT TITLE, FOOLISH PLEASURE, GREAT CONTRACTOR and WAJIMA
4) 1976 Marlboro Cup with contenders LIFE'S HOPE, HONEST PLEASURE, FATHER HOGAN and DANCE SPELL
5) 1974 Brooklyn with ARBEE'S BOY
6) 975 Brooklyn featuring STOP THE MUSIC
7) 1975 Suburban...again with ARBEES BOY
8) 1976 Metropolitan with VALID APPEAL and MASTER DERBY
9) 1976 Brooklyn with FOOLISH PLEASURE
10) 1977 Metropolitan featuring IT'S FREEZING, COHOST and GREAT ABOVE (SKIP AWAY'S sire)
11) 1977 Whitney - FOREGO carrying an unbearable 136-lb. impost and losing to NEARLY ON TIME (carrying a paltry 103-lbs.); also featuring DANCING GUN, COHOST, AMERICAN HISTORY and NORCLIFFE
12) 1976 Emory L. Haskell being upset by Greentree Stable's HATCHET MAN; also featuring INTREPID HERO
The Woodward Stakes is a race that will forever be synonymous with FOREGO as he accomplished a feat that no other horse will ever match...winning four straight runnings of this prestigious race:
13) 1974 Woodward over ARBEES BOY, GROUP PLAN, SUMMER GUEST and TRUE KNIGHT
14) 1975 Woodward overtaking WAJIMA, AVATAR and GROUP PLAN
15) 1976 Woodward featuring DANCE SPELL, HONEST PLEASURE and HATCHET MAN
16) 1977 Woodward taking on SILVER SERIES, GREAT CONTRACTOR, AFFILIATE, COHOST, J. O. TOBIN and PROUD BIRDIE
17) 1976 Suburban being overtaken by FOOLISH PLEASURE; also featuring LORD REBEAU
18) 1977 Suburban - a shocker in which QUIET LITTLE TABLE crept up the rail beating FOREGO to the finish line; also featuring NEARLY ON TIME
19) And finally....extensive footage of the actual CBS televised broadcast of the 1973 Kentucky Derby in which FOREGO was just starting to show his talent back in his three-year-old season - one in which another legend dominated all the headlines in racing for 1973: SECRETARIAT.
After six years of racing, FOREGO's legs had begun to show the strain of wear and tear on the track and on July 10, 1978, he was retired after a series of re-occurring injuries.
A very rare retirement tribute to FOREGO is also included which is narrated by Jack Whittaker in this comprehensive, one-of-a-kind custom-made racing compilation...an INSTANT COLLECTOR'S ITEM!! Take a look back at one of racing's most beloved and legendary champions....FOREGO... with some of his most memorable racing moments.
AS A VERY SPECIAL ADDED BONUS...viewers are treated to a very rare and priceless segment of both KELSO and FOREGO shown together for the first time ever in the paddock at Belmont Park before the running of the 1983 Jockey Club Gold Cup. If this isn't enough, another future racing great, JOHN HENRY, is to run in this race and is shown being saddled in the outdoor saddling enclosure at Belmont Park. Then both KELSO and FOREGO are shown fully dressed and leading the way out of the paddock en route to the track to lead the post-parade. To make things even more nostalgic, retired track announcer Fred Caposella (the voice of New York racing for so many years) is brought out of retirement for the day to introduce 26-year-old KELSO and 13-year-old FOREGO to a packed grandstand at Belmont Park which drew a standing ovation for several minutes. This is the first and last time ever that all three beloved geldings: KELSO, FOREGO and JOHN HENRY would all be together at the same time as sadly, KELSO died the very next day. You've probably heard of this historic meeting of all three racing legends but now you can actually watch it in its entirety!
FOR A DETAILED LIST OF THE 19 RACES FEATURED IN THIS TIME CAPSULE, JUST REQUEST A COPY AND A COMPILATION SHEET ALONG WITH THE 1,2,3 FINISHERS WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU.
(2 Hours and 2 Minutes)
|Format(s) Available:||DVD And VHS|
|Category:||U.S. & Canadian Flat Racing|